Studio Bark is Hiring!
We are seeking an experienced architect with delivery and contract administration experience. We will also consider applicants who haven’t got the RIBA Part 3 qualification but do have 5+ years of experience in practice.
We are a young, dynamic and highly-motivated practice focussing on environmental design and construction. We are signatories to Architects Declare and RIBA 2030 Challenge. Studio members are also involved in the Architects Climate Action Network (ACAN) and tackling the climate and ecological crisis is top of our agenda.
Our workload ranges from small scale extensions and bespoke homes to creative industries and community-led housing. We are involved in education, live-build projects and research. Our sister company U-Build evolved out of previous research and development focussing on self-build modular construction for the circular economy.
We have a number of significant projects coming to site in the near future with exciting opportunities for a new team member to play a significant role in delivering these.
We are seeking an experienced, technically-astute individual who is capable of working in a proactive and self-managed way. The successful candidate will be diligent and highly organised with a strong ability to manage their time effectively.
We’re looking for someone who shares in our ethos and passion to join our tight-knit studio. Because we’re a small team, the successful candidate should be a versatile team player, willing and able to support a range of roles longer-term.
Essential Requirements (Please do not apply if you don’t have all of the following)
- – ARB Part 3 OR non-qualified practitioner with at least 5 years relevant experience
– Proven ability with job running and project management
– Strong experience with contract administration (RIBA and/or JCT)
– Ability to manage client and contractor relationships during the construction phase
– Good level of technical knowledge around construction detailing, creating specifications, schedules and tender documentation
– Eligible to live and work in the UK
– Fluent in written and spoken English
- – Fluency in vectorworks
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (PS/AI/ID/AE)
– Knowledge of CDM2015 and experience performing Principal Designer duties
– Good understanding of pre-construction issues, such as planning conditions, party wall, rights to light, build over agreements etc
– Ability to calculate embodied carbon and environmental impact of specification choices
– Proven experience with stage 7 services, in-use building performance analysis, post-occupancy evaluation, soft-landings etc
– Ability to talk about money
Helpful / Nice to have
- – Fluency with sketchup and/or Rhino
– General computer literacy and interest in helping to manage IT systems and software
– Hand sketching and good aesthetic sensibility
– On-site building experience
– Broad understanding of national planning policy
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 9am Tuesday 6th April, though we are reviewing applications as they come in.
Please send your CV including examples of your work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org 10mb maximum file size. The email subject line should read “A000 – CV007 Application”
You should include examples of your own work that demonstrate projects that you have delivered. Applicants who do not meet the essential requirements will not be considered.
Competitive salary based on experience.
We acknowledge that architecture has a diversity problem, and with this we welcome and encourage applications from people from underrepresented groups.
Studio Bark is an equal opportunities employer.